One thing I love to do around any holiday is crafts with my kids. Even my son likes to do holiday crafts when I am involved. Below are some easy July 4th crafts that are simple and fun.
July 4th Windsock
- Oatmeal tube
- Construction paper (blue and white)
- Red and white crepe paper
- Glue, tape or glue dots
- String Scissors
- Hole Punch
1. Cut the bottom off the oatmeal tube.
2. Cover the container with blue construction paper. You can tape or glue the paper on.
3. Cut out white stars from the construction paper and glue or tape them on the blue oatmeal container.
4. Use the hole punch to punch four holes along the top of the wind sock (opposite end of the crepe streamers)
5. Cut 2 pieces of string about a foot long. Tie the strings to the holes in the windsock (tie one end of the string to one hole and tie the other end of the string to the opposite hole. Do this with both pieces of string.
6. Cut another piece of string about a foot or longer. Gather up the smaller strings on the windsock and tie the new piece of string to the middle of the smaller strings so you can hang your windsock! Enjoy!
4th of July Sparklers
- Eight to ten sheets of newspaper (for each baton)
- Tape, glue or staples
- Red ribbon
- Red, white and blue crepe paper, cut into 3” sections
- Star-shape foam stickers
- Silver, white, red or blue paint
1. Tightly roll a stack eight to ten sheets of newspaper (roll from one corner on a diagonal) and secure with tape. Cut to about 20 inches long.
2. Tape the red ribbon at one end of the stick and wrap it in a spiral to the other end like candy cane stripes; secure with tape.
3. Cut out a 5” star out of the cardboard.
4. Paint the cardboard star silver, blue, red or white. Let dry
5. Glue, staple or tape the star onto one end of the baton.
6. Glue, staple or tape the crepe paper onto the baton by the star.
7. Paint white stars onto the cardboard star. Or you can buy the foam stars and adhere those onto the cardboard star. Let dry.
8. Enjoy your homemade sparklers!
Fourth of July Fireworks Pictures
- White paper
Different squirt bottles (I use old ketchup and mustard bottles)
Stick or straw
Scissors1. Put tempera paint into squirt bottles. Make sure to put something down as this may be messy!2. Squirt different colors onto the white paper.3. Use a craft stick to scrape the paint in different directions. Or you can use a straw to blow at the paint to spread the paint out.4. Let completely dry5. Cut out the paint fireworks leaving a bit of white around the edges
6. Glue onto the black paper.
7. Hang and enjoy!