This week I have found myself with a plethora of potatoes and tomatoes on hand. They are both fresh from the garden! I love to create new meals based on what’s in season. This week I made up what I am calling Baked Mediterranean Chicken. I hope you will give it a chance, and I hope you will like it!
You will need:
- A long drizzle of olive oil, a short drizzle of balsamic vinegar, a short drizzle of lemon juice
- 4-6 chicken breasts, 6-8 golden potatoes, 2 big handfuls of cherry and pear tomatoes
- ¾ cup dry couscous , 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and pepper. Bathe chicken breasts in it. Place chicken in a shallow pan; pour the remaining mixture over it. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Chop the potatoes into very small pieces (this will shorten the cooking time). Mix them with olive oil, salt, and pepper; bake on a cookie sheet or in a shallow pan.
- Chop cherry and/or pear tomatoes. Soak them in a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Add them to the potatoes for the last 5-10 minutes the potatoes bake.
- Prepare the couscous in chicken broth and olive oil.
- Mix cooked chicken, veggies, all remaining liquids, and couscous. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm. It serves 4.
One thing I love about this meal is that it can be prepared in the toaster oven. This will save on utilities and will also make your summer kitchen a more pleasant place to be. This meal takes about 45 minutes to prepare and bake, which is not too bad for a recipe from scratch. It is healthy and delicious. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!