Well, I just about blew the whole challenge today. It’s day 15 and marks my halfway point, so I’m glad I got with the program before the day was over!
So, let’s get on with it.
Today’s blog challenge post is…
Write 15 interesting facts about yourself…
Well, I don’t think I’m all that interesting these days, so this might be a tough one. I suppose I’ll give it a go, but you’ve got to promise not to laugh. Okay? No, seriously. I mean it.
- My hair is naturally curly and about four feet long. I keep it in a bun or pulled back a lot, so most people really don’t have a clue how long it is.
- I didn’t have my first child until age 30…he was actually born five days before my 31st birthday, but I was technically still 30!
- I’m not married and never have been, but I’ve been with my child’s father (Rusty) for almost 11 years. Our anniversary is in November.
- I’m scared to get married. There. I said it. Yeah, I know; I have issues. We all do.
- I work completely from home and have for nearly three years.
- I’m a hustler on the pool table. Keep your money in your pocket and your drink at the bar. You’ll be back there soon if you challenge me.
- I went to school for nursing, made it to the end of my third semester in the Associate degree RN program and…gulp…choked. It just wasn’t my calling.
- I am an obsessive compulsive hand washer. Yes, even before nursing school.
- My eyes change color. The colors range from dark green to hazel to light green to turquoise, depending on my mood and the clothing I am wearing.
- My son is the most important person in my entire life.
- It took me almost four years, off and on, to get pregnant. When it happened, we had actually given up.
- I worked in a casino for 11 years.
- I know if I will like someone the moment I meet them. It’s not judgement. It’s a feeling I get. That’s the only way I can explain it and my feeling is always right.
- I’m a daddy’s girl.
- I’ve been working on a book for older children/young adults for the past three years. In that period of time, I’ve completed six chapters. Not much, I know, but I haven’t had a lot of time because I have to contribute to the bills and, unfortunately, dreams don’t always pay the bills.