I partnered with Good Cool and received the Bake A Bowl pan to facilitate this post. All thoughts, opinions and experiences are my own.
When Good Cook offered me the opportunity to try out a really cool new pan, I jumped at the chance. A pan that lets you make food into edible bowls? Um…yes, please! The picture didn’t come out as good as I’d like, but you can see the pans sitting below the plate in the recipe image above. The Bake a Bowl pan is really two pans; one sits atop the other and hooks into place quite easily. The top pan is there basically to push any batter or other food you attempt to form down into the bowl shape. It’s brilliant really, and the amount of different recipes that I will use this for is immense and I cannot wait to start trying out all of my ideas!
What I love most about the Bake a Bowl pan is that it is so remarkably easy to use and the results are fabulous! Yes, my hash brown bowl started falling apart, but that’s partially my fault, as I didn’t give it enough time to cool before removing it from the pan. I was too excited!
And wow, these pans are super-easy to clean as well! There was absolutely no scrubbing required, but I did use non-stick spray, so I’m sure that helped keep anything from being too stubborn.
Bird’s Nest Breakfast Bowls
I’m a HUGE fan of breakfast, so the first recipe I wanted to try was an all-in-one breakfast bowl. With the Bake a Bowl, you can have a beautiful breakfast just like this one with very little effort. Check out my Bird’s Nest Breakfast Bowls recipe below. Super-easy and sooo very tasty!
Ingredients:2 cups frozen hash browns 6 eggs (3 scrambled, 3 whole) 6 slices of thick cut bacon 1 cup shredded cheese 1/16 cup olive oil 1 Tbs butter Salt & Pepper to taste Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray bottom pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss hash browns in olive oil and form into the cups of the bottom pan.
- Spray the bottom of the top pan with non-stick cooking spray and place over the bottom pan, ensuring that the pan locks into place.
- Place in the oven on the center rack for 25 minutes – add 5 minutes if you like your hash browns a bit crispier.
- Cook bacon as you normally would.
- Remove pan from oven. Spray the bowls of the top pan with non-stick cooking spray, then add a small pat of butter to each of the cups of that top pan.
- Pour three cups about half full with the scrambled egg mixture.
- Crack remaining three eggs, placing one whole egg into each of the three remaining cups.
- Place back into oven and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes prior to removing anything from the pans.
- Take bacon and break each of the six pieces in half. Lay 2 halves on each plate, making an “X” with the bacon on the plate.
- Set hash brown bowl onto the “X”. Top hash brown bowl with a light sprinkling of salt & pepper, then sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Top the cheese on the hash brown bowl with an egg (scrambled or whole) and add another sprinkle of cheese.
That’s it! Pretty simple, right?
Want to snag one of these awesome pans for yourself?
The cool thing is that I’ve been authorized to offer my readers a 25% discount on the Bake a Bowl pan! Yes, you can purchase these Sweet Creations Bake a Bowl pans directly from goodcook.com and save 25% when you use CODE: BAKEBOWL at checkout. Woot!
The awesome folks at Good Cook are always coming up with something new, so be sure to follow them on Twitter @GoodCookcom to stay up to date with the latest and greatest.
What’s even cooler? We get to give one of these babies away! Who wants to win it? You? Well, head on over to the Bake a Bowl Giveaway and get your entries in if you want a chance at it!
Want a few more great recipes? Check out all of the delicious creations that my fellow Good Cook bloggers have made below!
[inlinkz_linkup id=398796 mode=1]