When roasts go on sale at my grocery store. I know I can spend a day freezer cooking and have meals ready if I do not feel like cooking, which is often. These are my favorite freezer roast recipes. It is best to under-cook the roast the day of freezer cooking. That way when you take the roast out of the freezer and reheat the roast is not overdone and dry.
- 1 1/4 tablespoons paprika
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 pound) sirloin tip roast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the roast.
- Place the roast on the baking sheet, and cover all sides with the herb mixture.
- Roast 1 hour in the preheated oven. Cool completely.
- Wrap and label roast for freezer.
- On day of cooking, take roast out in the morning. Reheat in oven or cut into strips and cook in a pan. You can make stir fry, steak sandwiches or enchiladas.
- 3 lbs rump roast
- 6 slivers of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 2 Teaspoons pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make 6 small incisions in the roast with a sharp knife. Insert sliver of garlic in each hole.
- Rub olive oil, salt and pepper on roast.
- Roast in oven with fatty side up for 30 minutes
- Lower heat to 225 degrees. Cook for an additional 2-3 hours. Check with a meat thermometer to make sure the roast is done.
- Let cool completely. Wrap and label roast for freezer.
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 lb Roast such as a London broil
- Mix ingredients together.
- Rub mixture over roast.
- Wrap and label for freezer.
- On day of cooking, take out in morning and let defrost. Preheat grill and cook 7 minutes per side. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.